Alright, so last week I didn’t set any goals….that basically means I didn’t do much… I mean, that’s not true, of course I did stuff… I worked 4-9+ hour days, I did some shopping on Wednesday night, we took Friday and had a day together, my husband, myself, and lil man…. I did stuff… And let me tell you in the end, it was a great week. I had a discussion with my husband about things…. And that funk I was in most of the week, I was out of it by Thursday night (could be because I knew I didn’t have to work Friday) and was ready for an enjoyable Friday.
This week though, I’m going to set some goals and hope that I’m able to be successful with them. Thanks to Microsoft shutting down their Technical Support for Windows XP, I’ll be spending most of the week in the office getting a new Windows installed onto my computer!
1. Get on the treadmill at least 4 days this week.
2. Drink 60 oz. of water every day (this will be a challenge in the office).
3. Remember to take something out for dinner each morning (Monday-Friday).
4. Bring lunch each day in the office.
I’m going to stop right there. It’s going to be a tough week and I don’t want to push my luck!!
I hope everyone has been having a great weekend and has an enjoyable week. Next weekend is Easter…hopefully the bunny hops your way!
This past week I watched my goals closely because they weren’t something that I could easily do… I guess that’s the importance of goals though – they push you to go out of your norm to get things done. I felt myself going back to my goals in my planner to make sure I knew what they were and I was still going to be able to achieve them.
I had four goals this week… and did well, but not well enough. So, lets do this….
- Drink 60 oz. of water each day. I missed this on one day. The one thing I’m finding is that with this… I’m drinking more and more water because I’m aware of what I’m drinking. Ultimately, that’s what I was striving for here. To take a minute and THINK about what I was consuming. It’s working and I will keep this as a regular weekly goal, even if it’s not listed on here it will still be something I track in my planner.
- Have dinner at home Monday – Friday this week. SUCCESS! I was afraid of this goal on one day and one day only – FRIDAY. We always tend to do something different on Friday. I have usually worked a long week and have no desire to cook something and if I leave it up to hubs, we usually grab a pizza or something easy like that on Friday or a weekend day. Well, Friday/Friday night hubs was at the sugar house so it was fine. Although we didn’t eat dinner AT home, we didn’t go out to a restaurant. It felt so good to accomplish this!
- Don’t buy anything I don’t NEED this week. SUCCESS! It helped that the only day I went into the office was Monday and I even brought my lunch. Usually I go out to lunch when I’m in the office but I didn’t this week. I did buy some cards that I needed so I can send them to my niece/nephews, but other than that I didn’t buy anything until yesterday and that was still stuff we needed. We bought some of the tile we need for the shower in our master bath. Then we also bought some stuff (that we needed) at The Christmas Tree Shop.
- Blog each day this week. I missed this one on Friday. Since I took Lil man to the sugar house after picking him up from daycare, I didn’t blog. I thought about doing it at lunch time on Friday, but I didn’t have anything to write that I could do in a half hour so rather than just throwing something on here for the sake of meeting this goal – I didn’t. I wanted something with substance and I just didn’t have it Friday.
I’m debating on setting official goals this week. I have a few things I need to DO, but they aren’t “goals”…. As I said, I will continue with the goal of at least 60oz. of water each day and I’ve been trying to stay on the treadmill regularly, but I don’t know that I have anything of…substance to “reach” this week…. So, I may just take this week off.
Each week, I usually write my goals here on the blog and then transfer them to my Erin Condren Life Planner. This week, I did them in my planner first and then transferred them into the blog. That’s because I didn’t rush to do them when I realized it was time to blog!
What I’ve got for this week:
- Drink 60 oz. of water each day.
- Have dinner at home Monday – Friday this week.
- Don’t buy anything I don’t NEED this week.
- Blog each day this week.
I just wanted to mention… a few different blogs that I read have done something like goal #2 above, but for the WHOLE month. I really want to do this… but I’m kind of scared. Scared of failing. So, I decided to do it for a week and if I can be successful for a week, I’ll consider doing it for another week. Hopefully I’m successful! 🙂
A new week… new goals! This week we’ll be out of town for a couple of days, so I’ve got less going on (or more going on, depending on how you look at it).
This weeks goals:
- Take at least one picture on manual setting with my camera.
- Treadmill: Do 10 miles and try to run more than just 2 minutes.
- Get to bed by 9:30 each night. (This may be hard when we are out of town.)
- Drink 60oz. of water each day.
That’s all I’m going with this week. We head to PA on Tuesday for a couple days, so I’m not sure that I’ll be able to complete ALL of these goals, but I’m going to try my hardest!
I hope everyone enjoys their week and maybe we can actually see a bit of…. Spring this week?! Is it too much to ask?? It’s almost April for Gods sake!
Last Monday I posted my goals for this week and now I’m ready to give you the recap! This week went well! The only goal I struggled with was the water goal. I did really well most days, but the one day I knew I’d struggle – I did. So, lets go over the goals…
- Complete at least 10 miles on the treadmill – run, walk, or crawl! I did it! I walked 10.608 miles this week. I only did about 2 minutes of running all week, so I did well over all! I didn’t start this goal until Monday which means I was on the treadmill Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday to get the 10.608 miles!
- Remember to take something out for dinner each day. This has been a struggle for me recently. I did this! There were two nights that I DIDN’T do it, but that was on purpose! Heck, I even took dinner out and had it in the crock pot today before going to my photography class!
- Spend some more time with my book, maybe even finish it this week?! Oh, I spent time! I even FINISHED my book and started a new one! The one I finished was The Life List by Lori Nelson Spielman. SO good! The one I started today is Picturing Perfect by Melissa Brown.
- Fold the laundry. This may seem so easy…for me, trust me, it’s not as easy as it seems. I did it AND I put all my clothes away! So proud of myself!
- Have most of our clothes packed by Sunday night for our mini trip to PA next week. This will happen tomorrow! Since I will be doing my new goals tomorrow, I can’t really report other than to say – I will get this done!
- Drink 60oz. of water a day. I was so close! One day this week I was literally ounces from it. Yesterday was the day I knew would be a struggle because I was in the office rather than working from home. I always drink less water when I’m in the office.
Alright, so, not bad…right?! I feel like I did well. Now to figure out what my goals for next week will be. Since we’ll be out-of-town for a couple of days, goals may be a bit slim this coming week. But, you’ll have to wait til tomorrow to really know! 🙂
Follow my blog with Bloglovin