Have you been missing me? I haven’t purposely taken this week off, it’s just happened that way I guess. I wish I could say I’ve been busy… but I haven’t really done a lot. Just… been living. I’ve been in a funk this week, so I can’t even begin to explain how excited I am that today is my Friday! Especially considering I will be in the office ALL next week (except maybe Friday) for my laptop migration.
Even though I’ve been in a funk, I’ve still got some love going on!
One thing I’ve always loved is sending cards! Now that my brother and his family are out of state, I get to send them more often! I’m totally loving that!
This little boy thinks everything is a jungle gym and will climb on whatever he sees fit. Usually it doesn’t last long though because we don’t allow it… but I love that he can make himself comfortable just about anywhere!
This picture is kind of crappy, but one thing that I love about where we live is driving down the street, coming home… you just look in one direction or another and you see wildlife… like, 4 deer!
This boy, in his sun glasses. How can you NOT love this?!
Last weekend when we did some buying we got part of our tile for our master bath… I totally love this combo!
Oh, and one final thing…. Red Sox vs. Yankees this weekend! Ya, I’m LOVING baseball (assuming the right team (Red Sox) win)!
Well, I hope you have some fun things planned for this weekend. We have a bunch of different options, it’s just a matter of what we choose to do. Whatever you do – enjoy your weekend!
This past week I watched my goals closely because they weren’t something that I could easily do… I guess that’s the importance of goals though – they push you to go out of your norm to get things done. I felt myself going back to my goals in my planner to make sure I knew what they were and I was still going to be able to achieve them.
I had four goals this week… and did well, but not well enough. So, lets do this….
- Drink 60 oz. of water each day. I missed this on one day. The one thing I’m finding is that with this… I’m drinking more and more water because I’m aware of what I’m drinking. Ultimately, that’s what I was striving for here. To take a minute and THINK about what I was consuming. It’s working and I will keep this as a regular weekly goal, even if it’s not listed on here it will still be something I track in my planner.
- Have dinner at home Monday – Friday this week. SUCCESS! I was afraid of this goal on one day and one day only – FRIDAY. We always tend to do something different on Friday. I have usually worked a long week and have no desire to cook something and if I leave it up to hubs, we usually grab a pizza or something easy like that on Friday or a weekend day. Well, Friday/Friday night hubs was at the sugar house so it was fine. Although we didn’t eat dinner AT home, we didn’t go out to a restaurant. It felt so good to accomplish this!
- Don’t buy anything I don’t NEED this week. SUCCESS! It helped that the only day I went into the office was Monday and I even brought my lunch. Usually I go out to lunch when I’m in the office but I didn’t this week. I did buy some cards that I needed so I can send them to my niece/nephews, but other than that I didn’t buy anything until yesterday and that was still stuff we needed. We bought some of the tile we need for the shower in our master bath. Then we also bought some stuff (that we needed) at The Christmas Tree Shop.
- Blog each day this week. I missed this one on Friday. Since I took Lil man to the sugar house after picking him up from daycare, I didn’t blog. I thought about doing it at lunch time on Friday, but I didn’t have anything to write that I could do in a half hour so rather than just throwing something on here for the sake of meeting this goal – I didn’t. I wanted something with substance and I just didn’t have it Friday.
I’m debating on setting official goals this week. I have a few things I need to DO, but they aren’t “goals”…. As I said, I will continue with the goal of at least 60oz. of water each day and I’ve been trying to stay on the treadmill regularly, but I don’t know that I have anything of…substance to “reach” this week…. So, I may just take this week off.
My son has been napping for almost 2 hours now… Usually during nap time I do stuff….real stuff. I fold laundry, do the dishes, jump on the treadmill, or even vacuum. Today, I have made myself lunch and read. Nothing more, nothing less.
There is so much I could be doing… but I just don’t have the energy today. I suppose it could be the 50 hours I worked the past week; it could also be the weather; or it could be I don’t know where to start. I like to make My Time productive because I have so little of it. Today though, the only productivity I’ve had during My Time is reading my book (and feeding myself).
I have a lot of little projects that I’d like to do, I just don’t know where to start. I don’t know which I should start over the other and then the ones I really want to start – the timings just not right. Either it’s still too cold out or I don’t have all the material I need.
So with all of that, I guess I’ll just go back to my book. There isn’t much “My Time” left today so I’m going to take all I can get and read some more.
What am I reading?
Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah
How is it Thursday already? This week I feel like I’ve been working my time away….but, I’ve been very productive so that is good!
1. Productivity at work means less stress!
2. The weather….it’s getting close to perfect temps for me….
3. Getting outside with Lil Man!
4. Last Saturday night we got to FaceTime with my brother and his family…. I’m missing them more and more these days.
5. Baseball season has started! Love my Red Sox!!
This week I kind of feel like I could go on and on! I’m just content I guess. As I posted yesterday….I’m going through a few days right now where no matter what curve ball I’m thrown (and trust me, they are like rapid fire sometimes), I’ll swing and hit it out of the park! (Can you tell I’m excited about baseball right now?!)
What does you weekend look like? Mine… I’ve got some birthday shopping to do for one of my nephews and then some quality time with a friend on Sunday!
Enjoy your weekend!
Today was one of those days…. I feel like I could do anything. Work a full day and care for a child afterwards? Sure, bring it on! Cook dinner on top of it? Yup, I’ll accept that challenge. Oh, you want me to bake a little bit too? Why not?! Give the boy a bath, and be done all of it before 7pm? Absolutely!
No, but seriously… I’ve had a busy day! I was up and working by 6:00am. Typically I work 9 hour days so I can have every other Monday off. Today, I worked just about 11 hours so I could build up some comp time because I’m a bit low on vacation time and you never know when I might want to take a vacation!
On my lunch break, I jumped on the treadmill for 30 minutes. It felt great. I really, really enjoy the treadmill at lunch and some days I even wish my lunch break was more than 30 minutes long. Crazy aren’t I? Don’t get me wrong, some days I hate it… but I do it for the feeling I get AFTER I get off the treadmill!
Then after working just about 11 hours, I took a quick shower (I waited because I knew I’d get sweaty from the treadmill!) and decided to finally make that banana bread I have been planning to make. That’s right, two small banana bread loafs with some blueberries mixed in! Lil man had some pudding, yogurt, and some apple while watching a show on the iPad. After that mixture of food he was definitely in need of a bath! I started to just clean him with a cloth, but it made sense to just give him a bath since he was due anyway.
After bath I made a bit for dinner, of which of course Lil man wanted some too! Then I chatted with a friend… and now I’m here!
It’s days like these that make me realize that it’s okay to have other days. Other days not worth talking about. Days where I stay in my pj’s from sunrise to sunset. Days where I do nothing more than feed Lil man 3 meals and a few snacks in between. It’s a give and take system. When I give – I GIVE. When I take – I TAKE! I guess you could say I’m one of those “all or nothing” people…
Tonight, I’ll leave you with a view of my creation from earlier!
It’s finally getting a bit warmer and we are starting to get outside again!
This was one of the first pictures I took after my class last week. It may not be the BEST that I took that day, but, I love his expression so I had to share it!
I wish I could have gotten him playing with the train track, but at least he’s there with it. He just loves his train track.
Although you have probably seen this from my post last week, it’s my favorite from Monday.
Sleeping on the ferry.
I had to buy my spring at the grocery store a couple weeks ago and they have finally sprung!
I just love how his toes are creeping out the end of his blanket! Lazy Sunday!