This was one of the first pictures I took after my class last week. It may not be the BEST that I took that day, but, I love his expression so I had to share it!
I wish I could have gotten him playing with the train track, but at least he’s there with it. He just loves his train track.
Although you have probably seen this from my post last week, it’s my favorite from Monday.
Sleeping on the ferry.
I had to buy my spring at the grocery store a couple weeks ago and they have finally sprung!
I just love how his toes are creeping out the end of his blanket! Lazy Sunday!
Each week, I usually write my goals here on the blog and then transfer them to my Erin Condren Life Planner. This week, I did them in my planner first and then transferred them into the blog. That’s because I didn’t rush to do them when I realized it was time to blog!
What I’ve got for this week:
- Drink 60 oz. of water each day.
- Have dinner at home Monday – Friday this week.
- Don’t buy anything I don’t NEED this week.
- Blog each day this week.
I just wanted to mention… a few different blogs that I read have done something like goal #2 above, but for the WHOLE month. I really want to do this… but I’m kind of scared. Scared of failing. So, I decided to do it for a week and if I can be successful for a week, I’ll consider doing it for another week. Hopefully I’m successful! 🙂
Since starting my weekly goals I feel like the weeks have been moving along a little quicker than before. Maybe it’s because I’m holding myself accountable for something so I pay attention to the time I have left in the week.
Just a quick recap with how things progressed (or didn’t) with my goals from last week.
- Take at least one picture on manual setting with my camera. I missed one day – Friday. I was in the office… but I brought my camera with me so that at lunch, I could take a picture or two. Unfortunately, I had an unexpected meeting scheduled for RIGHT after lunch so I felt a bit rushed and didn’t take any extra time. By the time I got home, all of the natural light was gone and…that was the end of it. I will post my favorite pictures from the week soon!
- Treadmill: Do 10 miles and try to run more than just 2 minutes. I missed my total miles by 2 and didn’t run at all. I know, pretty awful, huh?! I was going to jump on the treadmill after getting home from dinner Friday night – and I should have. If I had, I would have met my goal. I almost ran yesterday, but…I didn’t. It was early and I was afraid of getting too dehydrated and getting a massive headache (which I ended up with at the end of the day anyway). It’s not an excuse, really! If I run too early and don’t get myself hydrated BEFORE getting on the treadmill, it’s an automatic headache that NOTHING but a nights worth of sleep can cure.
- Get to bed by 9:30 each night. (This may be hard when we are out of town.) This definitely didn’t happen. I failed while on vacation (which I expected and even mentioned in my initial goal post). So, Sunday – yes; Monday – yes (I finished watching The Voice IN bed); Tuesday – nope; Wednesday – close…but nope; Thursday – yes; Friday – nope; Saturday – nope! Lil man and I didn’t finish face timing with my brother and his family until after 9:30pm. Needless to say, this was a flop!
- Drink 60oz. of water each day. I struggled with this while we were out of town… Usually I struggle when I’m in the office now too, but I made a point this week to try harder. I actually did pretty well! I missed four days with 60 oz. but three of those were while we were out of town, and the fourth I just barely missed the 60oz goal.
Clearly, it was a rough week. I anticipated that though just with being out of town. Out of town throws the schedule off… hence lil man going to bed at 11:30pm Tuesday night. Soon, I’ll have my new goals up for this coming week. Meanwhile, does anyone else have regular goals they try to complete daily, weekly, or even monthly?
So this week I’m writing this post from the car as we drive back home from PA. We took a mini trip to PA as hubs had to work and Lil Man and I went to see a friend and her two little
guys kids. We’ve had a good trip, but those details will come in a separate post. For now I am loving a few specific things…
1. Traveling via car. I don’t know what it is…I just enjoy it! I love seeing the sights, I suppose!
2. Hanging out with friends. Although I had never physically met this friend before yesterday, I’ve talked to her online or via text for almost 2 years…. It was so natural and it couldn’t have gone any better….except Lil Man could have NOT gotten sick right at the lunch table.
3. Lil Man is an amazing traveler for a 2 year old. This trip we’ve utilized the iPad more….but still, driving 8+ hours isn’t fun for a child. He isn’t old enough to make up fun games or even try those things you find on Pinterest (games)….again I remind myself how lucky I know I have gotten with him.
4. Even with travel….I’ve been keeping up with my goals this week…. because I made them obtainable. (That’s the important part of creating goals.)
Alright, time to get back to my book… The more I read, the sooner we get out of Jersey (no offense to those who live in Jersey, love Jersey, or are from Jersey).
Enjoying a book by himself in his favorite chair last night.
A new week… new goals! This week we’ll be out of town for a couple of days, so I’ve got less going on (or more going on, depending on how you look at it).
This weeks goals:
- Take at least one picture on manual setting with my camera.
- Treadmill: Do 10 miles and try to run more than just 2 minutes.
- Get to bed by 9:30 each night. (This may be hard when we are out of town.)
- Drink 60oz. of water each day.
That’s all I’m going with this week. We head to PA on Tuesday for a couple days, so I’m not sure that I’ll be able to complete ALL of these goals, but I’m going to try my hardest!
I hope everyone enjoys their week and maybe we can actually see a bit of…. Spring this week?! Is it too much to ask?? It’s almost April for Gods sake!
Last Monday I posted my goals for this week and now I’m ready to give you the recap! This week went well! The only goal I struggled with was the water goal. I did really well most days, but the one day I knew I’d struggle – I did. So, lets go over the goals…
- Complete at least 10 miles on the treadmill – run, walk, or crawl! I did it! I walked 10.608 miles this week. I only did about 2 minutes of running all week, so I did well over all! I didn’t start this goal until Monday which means I was on the treadmill Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday to get the 10.608 miles!
- Remember to take something out for dinner each day. This has been a struggle for me recently. I did this! There were two nights that I DIDN’T do it, but that was on purpose! Heck, I even took dinner out and had it in the crock pot today before going to my photography class!
- Spend some more time with my book, maybe even finish it this week?! Oh, I spent time! I even FINISHED my book and started a new one! The one I finished was The Life List by Lori Nelson Spielman. SO good! The one I started today is Picturing Perfect by Melissa Brown.
- Fold the laundry. This may seem so easy…for me, trust me, it’s not as easy as it seems. I did it AND I put all my clothes away! So proud of myself!
- Have most of our clothes packed by Sunday night for our mini trip to PA next week. This will happen tomorrow! Since I will be doing my new goals tomorrow, I can’t really report other than to say – I will get this done!
- Drink 60oz. of water a day. I was so close! One day this week I was literally ounces from it. Yesterday was the day I knew would be a struggle because I was in the office rather than working from home. I always drink less water when I’m in the office.
Alright, so, not bad…right?! I feel like I did well. Now to figure out what my goals for next week will be. Since we’ll be out-of-town for a couple of days, goals may be a bit slim this coming week. But, you’ll have to wait til tomorrow to really know! 🙂
Follow my blog with Bloglovin